Thursday, August 21, 2008

48. 面中面





The wanton mee at far east plaza. My friend and me dined early for our dinner because I didn't want to be queuing. At first, wanted to eat at nana thai restaurant. But, I couldn't find the location on their map directory. Ended up eating at this small outlet called 面中面. We only realised that Nana Thai restaurant is located at level 4 after our meal. It was not recorded on the map directory so we thought it had closed down.
My friend said 面中面 should be nice since the food variety show did advertise on it. We ordered the char siew wanton and the dumpling mee. It didn't taste good. The char siew didn't seem fresh, the meat in the wantons had a weird taste. Only the mee was alright. I would say it's really not good. Plus...the location wasn't very ideal. Located admist a few tze char stalls, all the fumes from the tze char filled the corridor, even into the shops. I smelled bad even after leaving the place.
The price is like foodcourt's. About $4-4.50 per plate. The lime juice is expensive. A lot of ice and it cost $2 per glass. When we were there, I saw the auntie (not the one who cooked my food) picking her nose with the apron she was wearing and I almost wanted to vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment