Friday, October 10, 2008

127. Emicakes



Strawberry delight @$2

Emicakes is famous for their durian cakes but they do have other flavours too. I happened to pass by Emicake so popped in to get a durian cake and this new product. This strawberry delight consists of strawberry and cheese. The cheese wasn't so strongly flavoured. If the lady didn't tell me that it contained cheese, I wouldn't have make out. It wasn't a smooth mousse. It was like that of durian, in pulp form. It was quite tasty though.




Durian Cake @$4

This is Emicakes's famous durian cake. I find that it was just average and not that exceptionally good. A generous layer of durian pulp was added in the durian cake. Surprisingly, the durian cake I've bought wasn't sweet so the cake was quite bland. It's like eating a boggy pulp. Also, the chocolate cereal became soggy (lau hong) after being left in the open. So, it was a bit turn off.

I find the cakes were pretty expensive. They were a small portion but selling at prices that could have got me a bigger slice at other cafes. I felt 717 durian products are a better choice.

http://www.emicakes.com.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment