Friday, October 17, 2008

138. Famous Pontian Wanton Noodles



I have seen the other outlet at Bugis, just outside the OG complex. Their business is quite good everytime I passed by but I have never try it. Partly because I just can't persuade myself to eat under the umbrella on a 32+/- degree day. The business at the outlet which I have visited is also good with the morning crowd. I didn't realise that I could actually have my wanton noodles with black sauce until I saw the photos I have taken. I got my noodles with chilli sauce.
Frankly speaking, I have no idea what is so great about the wanton noodles. I stood there watching the lady cook my noodles. The mee kia she used was a darker colour compared to those noodles stalls have used. Those noodles stalls usually have the variety of noodles in their glass display cabinet. The mee kia or mee is usually of bright yellow. The one at this stall was in greyish yellow. It was like her mee kia was dirty. But still, many ate the wanton noodles from this stall, even though, just next stall is also selling wanton noodles. Could it be the brand thing?
The noodles were hard. The chilli was slightly too sweet. I had to pour the bowl of soup into my wanton noodles, making it a bowl of soup wanton noodles, just to wash away the chilli sauce. The wantons were just so-so. Nothing special about them. I felt if I had ordered chilli with black sauce, my wanton noodles would have taste better. Each bowl selling at @$2.50/$3. I got the $2.50. It was cheap though but the taste needs to be further improved.
Famous Pontian Wanton Noodles
Boon Lay Food Market

No comments:

Post a Comment