Tuesday, November 18, 2008

177. Leng Kee



It was near lunch hour which explained for the crowd at Bukit Timah Market Food Centre. Not all of the stalls were opened. I had intended to get a pasta but Mien was not opened for business.

So, I opted for the fish slice noodles at the opposite. Business was brisk for them at lunch hour. I was pretty turned off by the stall owner's and helper's attitude. I felt they were too rude. I have heard the uncle telling one of the customers that if he doesn't want to wait, it's okay that he cancels his order. Not nicely but curtly. While I was making my order with the uncle, the helper shouted loudly at me to make way for him. There was ample space for him to walk pass though. No wonder some time ago, the TV kept advertising on work attitude. No doubt they are very busy at the peak hours, having to cook so many bowls of noodles and fish soup but bad attitude towards customers will eventually cause them to be at the losing end.
*Review on food was not affected by their work attitude.
The fish slice noodles @$2.50 each was just so-so. I would say it was relatively cheap for they have added a generous amount of batang fish slices. But I felt they weren't really very fresh. Soup broth was clear and sweet.


Braised pork and beancurd skin @$5

The meat was soft and went well with plain rice. Spice content wasn't too heavy.









Bukit Timah Market Food Centre
Leng Kee
#02-192

No comments:

Post a Comment