Wednesday, April 29, 2009

248. Sydney - Zozo Korean Experience


Walk along Liverpool and George street and you will be surprised to encounter at least 6 koreans out to 10 pedestrains. In fact, I was shocked by the number of foreigners, especially koreans, in Sydney. It seemed like it's a transit city, just like people do transits in airports. When I asked for directions, many times, they were also tourists like me. Geez~

It was through a friend's recommendation who is currently studying in Sydney that I should give Zozo a try. It was pretty easy to locate because it was just under the monorail station at World Square Tower.

Ban-chan (In korean - side dishes). Miserable, I thought. The portions were miserably little. For koreans, will that small chunk of kimchi suffice?

Seafood Tofu Hotpot @AUD35

The hotpot consisted of octopus, prawns, clams and lots of tofu and sprouts. I personally have no special liking towards seafood but I liked tofu and zuccini. It was a big pot. But having skipped lunch and it was already dinner time, this pot was finished by 2 iron ladies. Given the chilling weather, the warm and spicy hotpot warmed our stomach.
Taste was mediocre, like soups that Koreans or even us could have cooked at home. It wasn't too spicy nor sourish. The seafood ingredients used could have been fresher. If I'm not wrong, the seafood they have used weren't those freshly bought from the markets, instead, they were frozen ones. I wouldn't say Zozo is a very authentic Korean restaurant, it was more of a place where people who wants Korean cuisine would gather. It was cheap for that pot which could have fed more than 2.
Zozo Korean Experience
Shop 10, 26 World Square Tower
Liverpool Street
Sydney NSW 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment