Saturday, July 4, 2009

290. U.d.d.e.r.s Ice-cream

IMG_9983-1(edited)
U.d.d.e.r.s has opened two more outlets and they are closer to my home. One is at Lorong Kilat and the other at West Mall. I went to the one at West Mall, hoping that the crowd will be smaller. It was not. There were so many people, it was like there's an ice-cream sale. New outlets appeal to the mass and I wondered is this going to last?
IMG_9981-1(edited)
Strawberry Fields @$3.20/scoop
This name completely fits the ice-cream. Miss fields showed us her pits. Yes, it's made from the strawberry fruit. It really tasted like picked from the fields. Eh....what were the strawberries doing on the fields? I think it's very seldom we get strawberries which are very sweet and thus Miss fields here is not getting the wink from me. But she is one of the best-sellers. I think her fans see her as a natural beauty.
IMG_9979-1(edited)
Tira-mis-u (Premium) + Bailey's & Bourbon (Connoisseur) @$7.20
My friends called me an alcoholic. I'm no hardcore drinker, just occasionally a drink or two now. 2 years ago, when I was residing overseas, I drink Choya everyday, to fight the cold winters. But Choya has a low alcohol content, so that doesn't make me an alcoholic. It's good for health and beauty, er...I suppose. I'm a fan of food made from Bailey's. I personally felt drinking Bailey's seems like something is lacking but it's a different feel when it is used to make into another product, like Bailey's chocolates, ice-cream or used on tea cakes.
The classic Italian dessert turned ice-cream. I felt it could be made a tad richer. The Bailey's & Bourbon was good. U.d.d.e.r.s's ice-cream is smooth and has a natural taste. Their ice-cream is not sweet but I liked it. Healthy ice-cream. Yes, I can eat more. I'll most probably try their Choya ice-cream the next time.


View Larger Map


U.d.d.e.r.s Ice-cream
West Mall
1 Bukit Batok Central Link, #02-10
Singapore 658713
Tel/Fax: 68622192

2 comments:

  1. Nice writeup Frances...also my favourite...and quickly become favourite of my friends after first intro...the rum and raisin is outstanding.

    http://shiokhochiak.blogspot.com/2008/12/ice-cream-udders-singapore.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter, Thanks! U did a very good write-up too. :D

    ReplyDelete