Saturday, December 4, 2010

368. Table 66


It was my birthday treat. The buyer suggested Table 66 and I agreed. Have seen many rave reviews about it. Table 66 serves modern European cuisine. All of us had the set lunch which comprises of 1 starter, 1 main course, 1 dessert and a cuppa tea or coffee. Table 66, hidden along the shophouses at tras street which some are pre-conserved war buildings. The other three chose the salad with poach egg as their starter. I tried some and woosh....it was as good as it looked. Yummy.

I had the soft shell crab that was laid on top of a mixture of avocado and diced tomatoes. The mixture had a tangy taste which sort of lessen the greasy feel of the fried main. If you are a fan of soft shell crab like me, you will go for this starter. Prawn linguine. We got to know from the waitress that the dish in the next photo, that is, the chicken, is the recommended dish among the other 2 mains available. Pasta is my favourite and my eyes immediately locked against the two words, PRAWN LINGUINE. This was what I had. Linguine tossed in basil, 6 big tangy prawns and sun-dried tomatoes. Nice!

Grilled chicken if I'm not wrong. Very nicely done and it is no doubt a hot favourite. I tried a mouthful. The chicken was tender and the coating sauce had a nice chargrill taste.

Dessert - lavender panna cotta. I liked their panna cotta because the lavender taste wasn't overpowering and the panna cotta had a creamy thick texture. Completed with a nice berry sherbet to end the meal. Refreshing!


The rest had apple crepe which was filled with apple chunks. Not a bad choice either, I thought.
The set lunch was $29 which I thought was very worthwhile and definitely worth return visits.
Table 66
66 Tras Street

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment