Monday, August 18, 2008

42. Cedele


The mushroom quiche @$3.50

The lovely raisin scone @$2.50
My shot of macchiato @$4
Not so well-presented ya?

I went to the branch at golden shoe. Had an hour plus before I meet my friends for lunch. So I decided to pop into this bistro cafe, cedele. There was starbucks, coffee club, spinelli etc nearby but these didn't appeal to me as they are too common or rather can be located at almost everywhere.
Knew about cedele from some food blogs which led me to cedele's website. Their website has 'organic coffee' as their lauded item. Haha....This is interesting, so I decided I wanted to give it a try. It was just opposite to the UOB plaza, very easily spotted.
Upon entry, a small bakery at the door, salad bar to the right...and the counter laid the quiches. I have screened the menu on the website last night and I know they sell a variety of quiches. The most sought after on my list today. Haha. But, there were only 2 types on the counter today. The mushroom quiche and the tomato and basil quiche. Not many bakeries in Singapore sells quiches. I know delifrance, starbucks do....but they don't look appetizing because they looked as if they were leftovers from a couple of days ago. Always a lone item.
In a bistro cafe, coffee should not be missed. I'm not a latte person but a mocha. Have been drinking mocha for years. Preferred the later because 2/3 of latte is milk, whereas in mocha, 2/3 is coffee. After my taiwan trip, I took a liking in macchiato. So, @cedele, I ordered 1 macchiato....and a raison scone which was recommended by the food blogger. The raisin scone was good. I preferred it with jam. I waited for about 10 mins for my macchiato and it was nowhere to be seen so I went to the counter to ask for it and the auntie actually forgot about my macchiato. Haha. The macchiato wasn't good. Maybe the latte is good like what the food blogger had mentioned in her blog.
Maybe it was during the office hours and there weren't many sit-in customers there. However, the business is good. Many take-aways. The pastries looked appetizing. The pasta salads too! A pretty nice and quiet place to have a cuppa coffee or tea with a rewarding scone. Not during lunchtime ya. LOL*

No comments:

Post a Comment