Saturday, August 23, 2008

57. Sinar Pagi Nasi Padang

Sambal tempe with prawns
Chicken rendang


Tahu goreng



The tagline of Sinar Pagi Nasi Padang is 'We serve authentic padang food'. Well, I'm not really pro in padang food so I have no idea how authentic they are. Padang means 'field' and padang food means indonesian food. Padang food is mostly spicy because they like to add sambal (chilli) to whatever dish they cooked. In padang style restaurants, the most popular dishes are the rendang and fried tempe with prawns.
In Sinar Pagi, another popular dish is the tahu goreng. It was served piping hot. So crispy yet light and satisfying. My friend who worked near this place often have this tahu goreng for lunch. Well, I think too much will make her fat. Afterall, it's fried food.
The sambal tempe with prawns was good. Not too spicy. I had high expectations for the chicken rendang but to my dismay, it failed me. The chicken rendang was not nice. The peanut sauce was not those that you will ask for more. Just like you had satay which was so-so and the peanut sauce a substandard.
The dishes except tahu goreng was already chilled, in other words, they were not served hot from wok. They were taken from trays just like you had your chinese economic food, ala-carte. It might have been better if all the dishes were served hot.
I like the teh tarik. I think the teh tarik was 1 of the healthiest that I have ever drank. It was not like the others, it had a low degree of sweetness. It was like teh tarik siew dai. I think this was very not like the norm because usually the teh tarik I had were of ultimate sweetness. Luckily, the rice was served hot and it was those fluffy type. Haha. My bill totalled up to $26. My taiwanese friend whom I played host to said the food was nice but I think otherwise. I think he has not tasted the ultimate one....which I am still in search of. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment