Thursday, August 28, 2008

70. Shen Ji Seafood Garden

Tom Yam Steamed Fish @$13
Thai style cripsy chicken @$12

Claypot mushroom @$12
A simple dinner for me. The tom yam steamed fish was piping hot when served. The gravy was boiling! Though it was tom yam, it tasted more like curry. Must have been the coconut milk. I felt the gravy was a little too sweet as opposed to the sour and spicy flavour of tom yam. 3/5
The thai style crispy chicken was very good. The chicken was fried till very crispy. The sauce was just nice, not so spicy and sweet. I have tasted some others where the sauce was real spicy and made my tongue so numb that I couldn't make out the taste of the chicken. But this one was good. 4/5
The claypot mushroom
was just normal. I'm not really a beancurd skin lover nor do I dislike it. But I'm definitely the one who will choose mushroom over it in this dish. Haha. 3/5
The food sold at Shen Ji was considered at economic pricing. The chef had won a few awards in his cooking. There were photos of evidence all over their menu. Haha.
Shen Ji Seafood Garden
Blk 177 #01-247 Bukit Batok West Avenue 8
Singapore 650177
Tel: 64252792

No comments:

Post a Comment