Sunday, September 21, 2008

102. Ananas Cafe


More and more retail shops filled the spaces at the mrt station. We can find food, clothes, drinks, hair salons, manicure salons etc at the mrt stations. Ananas cafe is the recent sprung up food retail chain that I have noticed. It sells economic food. Basically those fried bee hoon, nasi lemak, hot beverages and even laksa. I must say the variety of food available to choose from is quite a range. And with the spotlight shining on the food which made them appear so savoury, commuters definitely got an excuse to stop by for a meal. It's so convenient too. Many who are returning from work will be more than happy to get their food at the mrt station if they are not very concerned about the cost.
I was intending to go to gym with my makan kaki, wanting to shed a few kcalories. It turned out that the gym was full house. My makan kaki decided to try out the food at Ananas cafe instead and so we went. The above picture showed what my makan kaki ordered. Based on what I saw, the food was very oily. Instead of shedding the kcalories, more were added. LOL*
What's more, it cost $2.90. Taste wise, my makan kaki remarked it was so-so. If it wasn't for the convenience, I guess many will rather go to the market to get their packet of economic bee hoon. My makan kaki remarked that for $2.90, she could get 3 side dishes at the coffeeshop instead of 2 at Ananas Cafe. Is Ananas Cafe going to last and grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment