Thursday, September 25, 2008

105. Four Leaves Bakery


Banana Danish
Four leaves bakery introduced the minis a few years back. The idea was very much welcomed by people. Bread is a staple food and to many of us, we have bread for breakfast most of the time. You can always see a long queue of people buying bread at usual knock-off hours, after 6pm.
My usual take from Four leaves is the mushroom and ham bread. But after the minis were introduced, I switched. The minis especially are a favourite among ladies. Firstly, 2 minis are equivalent to the price of a usual size bread. Instead of eating 1 kind, you'll get to eat 2 kinds of bread for the same price. Secondly, Four leaves came up with more varieties which pulled a greater crowd to their businesses.
I am not really a big fan of brownies. Or maybe I have not tasted one that really made me wow. Usually, the brownies I have tasted were too dry and I didn't like the feeling of gulping down water down my throat after the brownies.
I was pretty surprised when I tried out the brownies from Four leaves. It was quite moist and they have added generous amount of walnuts. I must say about the walnuts. They were not smashed to bits. It was a whole nut. This made the brownie nutty and thus created the crunch.

The new creation banana danish wasn't so appealing to me. I have tried the apple danish and I didn't really like it. Basically, it was because of the crust. It was not crispy but rather like left exposed to air for too long and it became soft. The banana danish was just a slice of banana wrapped in the middle of the crust with chocolate syrup dripped over.
The minis were sold at 1 for $0.65 or 3 for $1.80 or 5 for $2.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment