Tuesday, September 2, 2008

77. Pasta Mania

Stingray tomato aglio @$8.50
Salmon in white wine tomato @$11.90
Neapolitan @$5.40 and mocha freeze @$5.80
Banana dessert pizza @$3.90
I have had a yearning for pasta for the past few days. So, before I went for my class just now, I decided to patronise the quick casual dining - Pasta Mania. My makan aka study kaki said the pasta mania outlet at West Mall isn't nice to eat. We went to the one at Lot One. I wanted to try out their seasonal pastas - Stingray tomato aglio & Salmon in white wine tomato.
I am a pasta person despite knowing that pasta is of high carbohydrates. I have once seen a travel & food variety show on a visit to an italian's house. The italian's homemade spagetthi shocked me. The no. of egg yolks to amount of flour used was almost 10:1. Wooo.....undesirable.
The salmon in white wine tomato was pretty nice. I liked the generous amount of garlic which spurned my taste buds. Garlic is good for health but not in exceeding amounts. My friend who ate the stingray tomato aglio still didn't like it. She stood by her initial remark that the pastas from pasta mania weren't delicious after eating at West Mall's. I felt it was that much you'll get for paying that amount of money. Haha. Then again, I told her, it is quite hard to find real delicious pastas in Singapore.
The banana dessert pizza was delicious. The pizza crust was very crispy. If chocolate syrup was dripped onto it instead of using grated chocolate, it would have tasted better. The chocolate shreds were too light in flavour. It didn't manage to bring out the sparks like banana in chocolate fondue. But it was value for money.

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE the banana dessert pizza!

    anyway, its my 1st time here. hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello....nice to meet you. I have been to your food blog. You did a great job there! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD PASTA? try badouque at simpang bedok next to mad jacks. tha pasta is affordable and much much much better in comparison to pastamania, plastic pasta :)

    ReplyDelete