Wednesday, September 17, 2008

93. Macau - Solmar

*This was taken in Macau during 21-25 Feb 2008.

I did some research on the food in Macau before I embarked on my journey. This restaurant, one of the traditional restaurants in Macau, is recommended for their "African Chicken", a macanese dish. In fact, those who travelled to Macau are recommended to try out this local speciality and it isn't just sold in Solmar Restaurant.

A mini french loaf per person was served.
This was their fried pork chop. Recommended by the waitress. But it was just normal fried pork chop, nothing special. Plus....there wasn't chilli sauce, only tomato sauce. This lacked the zesty effect for us, Singaporeans. How can fries do without chilli sauce?
Jajang! This was the African chicken. My thought of it would be like wrapped in the aluminum foil and roasted till it was charred like a real African chicken. Apparently, it did not appear as it was literally named to be. It was slightly spicy with some spices added. The sauce was good. But the chicken looked pathetic. Look at the drumstick, it was as if it was eaten by someone.
This was just a seafood fried rice we've ordered. The fried rice was very plain and dry.

I personally think that if I were to eat this local speciality again, I would not have gone to Solmar. In fact, I was pretty disappointed with their food. I would go to a restaurant that serves a better quality one. The total bill was MOP278.30 (SGD 69.60) which I think was pretty expensive.

Solmar
Avenida da Praia Grande 512, Macau
Tel: +853 2857 4391/2857 4392
Opens daily: 11:00 - 23:00

No comments:

Post a Comment