Monday, November 24, 2008

182. BreadTalk Matcha Roll



After reading Fen's entry on BreadTalk's matcha roll, I decided to get one after work. I saw a mixture of chocolate and matcha rolls in a pack. 5 for $5 which I thought was quite a good deal, so I bought 5 instead.
Indeed, the matcha swiss roll was quite good. Matcha wasn't too overpowering. Cream was not too thick. If it was, I wouldn't have like it. Something's different with the cream. I think they added something to the cream. The texture of the swiss roll wasn't too dense.
The chocolate swiss roll lost out a fair bit to the matcha. It was slight bitter. For a moment, I thought it was coffee but it wasn't. Ok, the matcha won.
Compared to Evan's matcha swiss roll, I think Evan's looked more appetizing with the mini flowers on top of the roll and Fen gave the thumbs up for it.

3 comments:

  1. ahaha, tastebuds are subjective =) but i really really like breadtalk's macha swiss roll, i think its really soft & nice. then again from a baker's experience, if a cake is so soft then some kind of emulsifier hv been added coz its absolutely impossible to achieve that kind of texture using just fresh ingredients (unless i'm wrong) hehe. then again i thought it would even be nicer if the cream used was macha instead of normal cream. still, its nice lah :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreed with you that they added things that we wouldn't have added to food we baked for our own consumption. I felt otherwise. If the cream was matcha too, then it will be too 'matcha'. LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you all should try the green tea swiss roll from BreadTalk Silver :D

    That is the one that has Matcha cream, glad you like it. This recommendation was indirectly from Evan, muahahaha... if not I wouldn't step into BreadTalk for no reason... Sterotyping, I guess...

    ReplyDelete