Tuesday, December 2, 2008

192. Toast



While waiting for my matters to proceed, I decided to grab a bite. I actually thought of getting a chocolate souffle over at The Chocolate Factory but I decided against it. It was a tad too expensive. I headed to Toast. I had thought it serves bread and kopi like Ya-kun or killiney and etc but it isn't. It is more of a cafe. A cafe which didn't have cosy lounges. It is a bit like those cafeteria we had in depots. I wonder what's wrong with the restaurants or eateries at Raffles Place...their names didn't seem to tally with their restaurants. Haha.
Toast is part of the Marmalade group or I should say of the more well-known, The Marmalade Pantry is also part of the Marmalade group. I like the row of table which is next to the glass. Sometimes, you just want to have a quiet lunch, the seat at that table will be most ideal. However, it is not facing the streets. If it is, it will be such a London feel. Instead, it faces the retail shops. Most probably the retail staffs will be gawking at you when you have your meal. >.<

Limonata @$3.70
It was a cupcake with lemon and cheese icing on the top. It was yummy! It was a secret family recipe from the New York cupcake queen, Joanna Corsaro. The cupcake wasn't too dry nor moist. It was just nice. Though, I felt it would have been better if the cupcake was more fluffy.
I'll definitely be back to try the other flavours of cupcakes!!!

Hot Chocolate @$4.20

I just want something hot. No coffee or tea. So, it's down to hot chocolate. Especially on a rainy day; it was pouring outside, the hot chocolate warmed my stomach. The hot chocolate was very frothy. The froth occupied a quarter of my cup. Hmm...I thought it's a bit different. Seldom do I see froth in a cuppa hot chocolate.
Toast
OUB Centre
Raffles Place
#01-09
Singapore 048616
Tel: 6534 1755
Opens:
Monday to Friday - 8am to 6pm
Saturday - 8am to 3pm
Closed on sunday

4 comments:

  1. Hi Foodie Queen,

    Yes, the limonata indeed was really really very good! My first time having it was at Taka's branch. Their wraps are very good too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup..I'm going to try their Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake next. I felt it's going to be v good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. never had the cupcakes but their sandwiches are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cavalock, try their cupcakes next time. I think they are a hot favourite among the OLs @Raffles Place.

    ReplyDelete