Friday, December 12, 2008

199. East Coast Lagoon Food Village


We Singaporeans frequent hawker centres for our daily meals. The hawker centre at East Coast Park is called a food village. Basically, other than the open-concept designed structure, food village or hawker centre, they are both the same. A group of us decided to have our lunch at the food village because it has a variety of food to choose from and we were wrong......



It was past lunch hour by the time we reached the food village. Despite being a school holiday, the food village was not crowded at all. Most of the stalls were closed. I suppose businesses come alive at fall. I was contemplating between the bak cuo mee and the duck rice and I chose the later. The typical Singaporean mentality buzzed in. There was a queue formed at the duck rice stall. Plus, considering that I'm going for a cycle after the meal, I needed some grains.
A big plate of duck meat, 1 beancurd and duck innards for 3 pax @$20The rice which I felt was slightly dry was compensated with the black braised duck gravy.

The oyster omelette @$5

It was quite good. Not oil-laden and I saw generous number of oysters for $5. Thankfully, I didn't just see clusters of starch. I have eaten oyster omelette which I thought should have been called oyster starch clots. Simply eggless. It wasn't crispy and thus lacked the oomph. Overall taste was well-managed.


East Coast Lagoon Food Village
1220 East Coast Parkway
Opens : 11am to 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment