Friday, December 19, 2008

206. Shan Katong Laksa


Katong Laksa....not at Katong but Holland Village. It is called Shan Katong Laksa. Other than laksa, they also sell nasi lemak. Both attracts a number of patrons at lunch. Each bowl of laksa sold at $3.50. It was quite nice. The prawns was tangy. I think it could have been bicarbonate or something added to it for its tanginess. No clams for me. I don't like clams, clams has a weird taste. However, I loved bamboo clams. I felt the laksa base could have been heavier. Looking at the colour of the laksa base, you could have guess that it was quite mild. A medicore bowl of laksa. With chili added, the laksa was much better but the whole bowl of laksa would be pretty oily. I didn't dare to add scoops of chili like what my colleague did, I added half a scoop. I think the best katong laksa is still the one at Katong.
Katong Laksa
Holland Village
29B Lorong Mambong

No comments:

Post a Comment