Thursday, December 18, 2008

205. Rich & Good Cake Shop


I was smitten with the kaya swiss roll from Rich & Good Cake Shop when my neighbour gave it to me some time ago. First, I thought the box looked so ordinary and likewise goes for the cake. But....I was wrong. Again, looks are deceiving.


Kaya swiss roll @$6.50

Their durian swiss roll is the best-seller, so is the kaya swiss roll. I tried the durian swiss roll but I didn't really like it. I felt the durian taste was rather mild. I preferred the kaya swiss roll. It was moist and yet spongy. The kaya was quite different. It had an eggy taste and it wasn't too sweet. The spread was quite thin, unlike our usual thick cream rolls, the kaya swiss roll was a better choice.
I think it is cheap for about an inch long of swiss roll at $6.50. Not sure if it is sold the same price at retail because I bought mine at an outdoor sale.
Rich & Good Cake Shop
24 Kandahar Street
Tel: (65) 6294-3324

No comments:

Post a Comment