Tuesday, December 16, 2008

204. Provence Bakery


I heard of it so many times but have yet to visit it. Each time I was in Holland Village, I somehow didn't manage to find it. Today, I finally know its exact location. It is directly opposite Yi Bao. In fact, if my colleague didn't point out to me, I still have yet to take notice that it was the Japanese bakery. From the appearance, it didn't really look like bakery, it was more of a cafe. And yes....it's a bakery cum cafe where we could sit down and have our bread.

Chocolate Wassant @$6/pack
Don't they look like caterpillars? This was what I thought when I looked at the packs in the basket. Custard or chocolate? I chose the later. A pack of 10 for $6. This was the bread that was so famous. 1 of my colleagues felt it was an expensive bread. I think otherwise. Though appearance could have meant another thing. I would ask you to taste it and you won't regret. I think it's divine! Soft and doesn't stick to teeth. I'm not sure if the bakery uses flour imported from Japan. If it did, then that explains for everything. The flour from Japan is of superior grade, if not, a better grade. The amount of chocolate used was just right. So yummy......
Brazilian cheese bun @$0.80 each
The bun was like the chewy donut except that the interior was lined with cheese. The cheese was not so significant.
I felt Provence is more towards Japanese style instead of the Jap+French style it has want to project to the public.
Provence
17A Lorong Liput
Holland Village
Opens:
Mon-Fri: 9.30am - 8.30pm
Sat & Sun: 8.30am - 8.30pm

5 comments:

  1. i think i'm the last person haven go to provence yet. tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi FQ! check out my post on provence: http://eatandtrain.blogspot.com/2008/01/bread-from-provence.html

    i like the an pans over there, and from my subsequent visits, i always buy the scones and the blueberry cheese... real yummy

    ppl are crazzy over the wassants but it doesn't really fancy me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. U wouldn't expect the amount of queues earlier this year for the wassants, particularly the chocolate ones, they are sold out as early as before noon...

    Provence has been here for so many years, if I am not mistaken since 2003 and I simply go crazy with their Sweet Apple... That is always my favourite... Other unique breads to try are like Sesame Cheese and oh yes, the Brazilian Cheese Buns as featured in this post...

    FQ, I have a feeling u r working near where I am... Maybe we can meet up for lunch and blog on all the eateries at Holland Village :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIC: You should go some day!

    FoodieGymmie: Ya.Tks..will try out some other time. :D

    Fen: I went at lunch time. They have 2 baskets full but there were a lot of customers inside. I went in and was at a loss which to buy. All of them looked so tempting. I almost bought the cinammon bun or sth..have u tried before?

    Really? Cool! Sure...let's arrange for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the milk buns sold here - it's always sold out/still baking so I usually call to make a reservation so I won't be dissappointed :P

    ReplyDelete