Saturday, December 20, 2008

208. Ji De Chi II


Everywhere was crowded. Big smiles on the bosses at the outlets at the newly expanded Jurong Point. Hidden at a corner of The Market Place at level 3 is Ji De Chi. The one who has been a hit and snatches a big crowd of Ah Chew's desserts' patrons over at Liang Seah Street. A queue formed at the cashier when I was there last night. Selling dessert is always a profitable business.


A big 'Ji' character was embedded on the wooden tables.
I think the reason many like Ji De Chi is because they serve freshly made desserts. Their steamed egg was delicious.
Almond paste @$2.30
Due to the long queue, many desserts were finished even before it was my turn to order. I had initially wanted to order almond paste with black glutinous ball but it was no longer available when I was still a few away from ordering. Desserts that were sold out were marked with a cross next to the dessert's code. I ordered the almond paste then. The almond paste was of the right thickness but it was not sweet enough. The almond flavour was not strong enough. I still preferred the almond paste from "Xiang Wei Yuan" at Temple street.
Herbal Jelly @$2.30

My sick friend decided to have the herbal jelly. It was a pretty small portion.
Ji De Chi
Jurong Point
The Market Place
#03-102/103/104

2 comments:

  1. haha i went jurong point that day and saw ji de chi. but i didn't eat there though. had it before at liang seah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup....I went to the one @Liang Seah St too but always so crowded....

    ReplyDelete