Sunday, January 4, 2009

216. Häagen-Dazs

Mango and Passion Fruit @$11.95


Häagen-Dazs ice-cream has a rich flavour, thick texture and a melt-in-the-mouth pleasure. I got one of the limited editions, mango and passion fruit. The lady told me it was like sorbet. The first thought that came into my mind was Häagen-Dazs's ice-cream can't be like sorbet due to its thick texture. Anyway, I was attracted to the passion fruit because it would have taste sour, very different from Häagen-Dazs's usual make. I was right. Mango formed the majority and concentrated passion fruit was the swirl in the ice-cream. Overall, it wasn't too sour.
It was definitely not like sorbet but still was nice. I felt if Häagen-Dazs really made it like sorbet, it would be nicer. I personally felt sorbet was a more refreshing choice compared to ice-cream, like eating flavoured fine ice. Usually ice-cream with thick texture would not be so soothing to the tastebuds. You would have want a cup of water to cleanse your palate.
I bought the belgian chocolate flavour as well but has yet to try it. Will blog it soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment