Saturday, March 7, 2009

230. Ma Maison Restaurant



It was 6 plus when we went to Ma Maison. There were already a few tables full of people. The environment was very dim though the it was still bright outside. Ma Maison was towards the cottage feel. I felt the environment could have been better lit to create a cosy feel.

Omulette rice with ketchup @$14.80

I'm more of a visual person. The picture of this omu rice was imprinted on the first page and the wordings were printed on the last page, so I was a little confused if the picture had meant the omu rice. And the waitress confirmed by doubt. Ma Maison is renowned for their brown sauce. The omu rice which was usually served with curry sauce in other Jap restaurants was differently served at Ma Maison. They had served it with their brown sauce. Brown sauce specially made. It was their speciality sauce. Well, I felt it was rather unique but I didn't quite like the taste of it. It was a little salty and taste meaty. The rice was coated with ketchup which I thought was a little too much. It caused the rice to be a little damp and the ketchup was a little sourish.
Carbonara in Ma Maison style @$14.90

Why in Ma Maison style? It was stir-fried spaghetti carbonara. Usually, the carbonara that we had was with the creamy sauce. And many times due to the over content of Parmesan cheese and raw taste of the egg yolk, it does make one sick even before completing the whole plate. It wasn't like this for Ma Maison's. I felt it was rather nice. The cheese wasn't so heavy.

Scotch Egg @$16

My kaki had wanted to eat this. It was hard boiled egg coated with meat patty. Deep-fried on the outside. It was a bit like our yam ring. However, it was with their brown sauce which I didn't quite like it. I felt it would have tasted better if we could have some Thai style dressing, coupled with sliced onions and cucumber.
Check-out, please.....Room no. 5

Our bill worked out to be $54 for 2 pax. We had 3 mains. I thought it was a little expensive for 2 eggs to cost $16. Overall, the food was decent.
Ma Maison Restaurant
Bugis Junction
200 Victoria Street
#02-51
Singapore 188021
Tel: 6338 4819

No comments:

Post a Comment