Saturday, June 13, 2009

273. Lotte Choco Pie

IMG_8751-1 (Medium)

Lotte Choco Pie. It made me remember this scene whereby Kim Sam Soon (Korean actress - Kim Sun Ah) went climbing the Halla mountain on her birthday and she mentioned choco pie is the best to fight hunger. This was one of my favourite munchies when I was residing in Shanghai. The cold long winter, choco pies made a good companion. Ah...hot chocolate to go along would be heavenly but definitely not in Singapore with temperatures hitting a peak of 34.

IMG_8771-1
I wouldn't say Lotte's has the best but it is the one of the better ones I have tasted so far.

IMG_8777-1
Pie is coated with a thin layer of chocolate and a layer of marshmallow sandwiched in between. The choco pie is spongy. It is a not-so-sinful choco pie. NTUC Fairprice is selling a box of 6's for $2.40.

6 comments:

  1. This reminds of Hero chocolate cake I always eat when I was still in primary school. Any idea where to get those still? Do they even still exist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ice - Hero chocolate cake? Never heard of before. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonder if you know whether there's any difference between Orion's chocopie and Lotte's choco pie x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orion ones taste better!! Haha! I noticed a difference in the two layers of "cakes" sandwiching the cream. Orion ones are more buttery compared to Lotte.

      Delete
  4. Orion is from Korea. Frankly speaking, I think both taste the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, they are both from Korea XD

    ReplyDelete