Saturday, June 20, 2009

278. Daiso's grabs

IMG_9074-1 (Small)

IMG_9078-1 (Small)

I think this candy is quite unique in the sense that it has a mild content of saltiness. Yes, salt content in a candy. The brown sugar innards has salt mixed in it. And probably because of the salt, I felt the candy is not very sweet. My Chinese physician told me brown sugar is better than the normal refined white sugar, raw and cane sugar. Then again, even brown sugar is categorized in different grades. So, what to expect from a pack of sweets for $2?
IMG_9116-2 (Small) IMG_9124-1 (Small)

Rice crackers. Not Wang Wang brand. It is much smaller than Wang Wang's. I felt it is more flavoured than Wang Wang's. With the weather killing almost all creatures on Earth, I think these rice crackers worked best with a superb chilled mug of beer.
I loved shopping at Daiso. The Japanese stuffs are so kawaii! But, I don't know why, I didn't manage to shop the entire daiso everytime. I supposed there are too many things to see, that's why I usually made my way to the cashier after browsing through the food and utensils corner. Though everything is priced at $2 each, some of the items are definitely overpriced.

2 comments:

  1. im a huge Daiso Junkie. Wanted to grab a pack of the salt+brown sugar candy, but was not adventurous enough. Will be sure to grab a pack after ur review =)
    the rice craker is simply FAB! i had bought a pack of it previously and it was chomped up by me and my friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yyn, yah...the sweet is quite nice. :)

    ReplyDelete