Sunday, June 21, 2009

279. Foodies Queen with her apron on

IMG_9131-1 (Small)

It's Father's Day today. Dining out would definitely be a hassle if we didn't make reservation in advance and it would be pricey. So, I decided to put on my apron on this Father's day. Nothing complex but simple cooking. These are the ingredients I bought but I didn't use all of them.
21_06_09 - FQ's cooking1-1 (Small)

Cold tofu. Somewhat similar to the ones served at Ajisen except that I have added century egg. It's very simple to make. Get gomu shabu sauce (available at the Japanese corner of all supermarkets) and add some lemon juice to it. Ajisen added sesame paste which I didn't. We can also add chopped chili and parsley for the texture and garnish.
21_06_09 - FQ's cooking-1 (Small)
Sauteed scallops. These scallops were flown in direct from Perth, Australia. It's definitely fresh! I had the scallops sauteed in butter with garlic and made some salsa with avocado, red capsium and onions. That greenish round fruit which I used to garnish was a peeled blueberry.

IMG_9237-1 (Small)
Prawn salad. Poached the prawns, not longer than 25 minutes. Lettuce, avocado, tomatoes (can't get the Japanese tomatoes in Giant, I think they are only available in Cold Storage and The Market Place), boiled egg and topped with parmesan cheese. Jang~ simple and healthy salad, here you go!
IMG_9223-1 (Small)
Big sized prawn as the main course. Very simple. Grilled the prawns in garlic butter. Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice and it's woolaalaa~
IMG_9255-1 (Small)
Onigiri. I like onigiri. I think it's easy to make and convenient to eat. What's more, it's much healthier to eat than fast food. Rice can be made different with the dried food (nori, dried salmon, sesame seeds and etc)(bought from Daiso). It's no longer just a bowl of plain rice.
Had my whole morning spent in the kitchen. Even though these dishes are easy to cook, preparing all the ingredients have used up quite a bit of time. But, it's Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day!
^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment