Monday, June 29, 2009

285. Joy Garden Restaurant

IMG_9751 (Small)-1

Joy Garden comes under the Qian Xi group of restaurants. It is located in the new Jurong Safra Club. It's very spacious. Being a weekday night, the whole place serving only 2 tables seemed pathetic. Luckily....

IMG_9763 (Small)-1

Roasted Pork @$9.50

It is on their daily menu, not just for dim sum and I wondered how fresh it is. The skin was very crispy. A tad too fat but it went well with the wasabi mustard.

IMG_9771 (Small)-1IMG_9776 (Small)-1IMG_9786 (Small)-1

Fried Beancurd with Chili Sauce @$9

Self-made beancurd has had fillings in it. The sauce was separately served in a bowl. But it was not just sauce, minced pork was added in the sauce. This way of serving is quite good as the fried tofu still preserves the crispyness while it was on the way to the serving table and not turned-soggy if the sauce was drizzled before served. It was not oil-ladened. Unfortunately, I only find the taste mediocre. Didn't wow me. A dispensable dish.

IMG_9783 (Small)-1

Roasted Chicken (half) @$18

Roasted chicken was decent. Meat was not dry nor was it juicy. It was considered good but still I repeat, the best I had was at Boon Lay Raja.

IMG_9789 (Small)-1

Chinese Spinach with Eggs @$12.80

Eggs - century egg, salted egg and egg. I find Joy Garden's the best amongst those (Atlantis, Ah-Yat) I have tasted. A generous serving of eggs was added. I liked it.

IMG_9794 (Small)-1

Steamed Cod Fish with Bean Sauce @$18.80

Black pepper corns were added and hey they are not spicy! It only has a mild black pepper taste. I find them a nuisance. Firstly, I felt they didn't enhance the taste of this dish. Secondly, when I bit on them, it gave a false felt like an accidental bite into plastic. I personally felt they should not have put in the pepper corns.

IMG_9800 (Small)-1

Fried Ee-fu Noodles @$10

Simple as it looked, I applauded for this simple dish. The noodles were done 'al-dente' ? It was tangy. Wow, I thought. Most of the time when I have my ee-fu noodles, they were either too soggy, too oily or they were tasteless. The fried ee-fu noodles here was delicious!

.....the service was good and prompt. Food was comforting and price was reasonable. I find the food variety very limited. For my case, I will most probably grow sick of this place after 2-3 times because of the limited choice of food.

Total bill worked out to be about $102 for 5 pax. Safra card members get a 10% discount.



View Larger Map

Joy Garden Restaura
nt
Safra Jurong
333 Boon Lay Way
#3A-02
Tel: 6316 9595

No comments:

Post a Comment