Wednesday, September 30, 2009

326. Peach Garden Lotus Paste with Double Yolks Mooncakes

Peach Garden Mooncakes -30 (Small)

I tried it quite some time ago when I went to Peach Garden for dim sum. This time round, it was a gift. I was surprised when I saw the yin-yang fillings. Not that I have not seen before but rather it seemed that the others aren't doing this anymore. The red bean paste and the lotus paste, together with the melon seeds. I felt the addition of red bean paste made the mooncake not so dull. However, the mooncake crust was made too thin and a little oily.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... it is time to keep the mooncakes in the chiller. Baked mooncakes will get oily as time goes but actually taste slightly better as the lotus paste gets smoother with a softer skin but too oily can be gross...

    That is when I used the tissue to soak the oil up... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes..too oily is gross. These are high calorie stuffs.

    ReplyDelete