Tuesday, December 22, 2009

338. Patisserie Glace

I finally got the right time to taste Chef Yamashita so well-raved cakes. Their previous location was rather out-of-my-way so I never managed to find a good timing to turn up at the outlet even though many foodies have tried and gave the thumbs up. And now, it has shifted to Icon Village, so much nearer to me. Still, I have not tried it till today. Reason being usually after lunch, there is no room for cakes and I give up the idea of getting them.
Double Rare Cheese Mango @$4.70

Cheese and Mango, together they presented a slight sourish taste. My colleague and I both felt this cake is not very much to our liking, probably because of the sourish taste.
Mont Blanc @$5.60

We liked this best. The chestnut cream was not too rich and there was a big chestnut laden in the middle. It reminded me of the an-pan I had at Tsukiji Market, Tokyo. Yummy~

Strawberry Shortcake @$4.80

Another favourite amongst the OLs.

But still, I think Mont Blanc is the best among the 3. The fluffy sponge played an important role and it wasn't too sweet.

Patisserie Glace
12 Gopeng Street
#01-33/34 Icon Village
Singapore 078877
Tel/Fax: 6400-0247

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Yup, I agree the Mont Blanc is good. Have you tried the one from Rive before? I like it even more haha.

    PS: Hope you don't mind I link your site on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I have not tried Rive. Thanks for letting me know and yes...my honour for my blog to be linked. ^^

    ReplyDelete