Monday, January 25, 2010

344. Tokkuri Japanese Restaurant







Unagi with pork belly set @$17.90

A new Japanese eatery opened at Icon Village so I had it on my tasting list. It had a short counter which could the most take about 8 persons. It was full house at lunch time so me and my lunch kakis waited for a while. They were having a promotion of 2 specified lunch sets at $10.80++ each, a choice of the salmon or tonkatsu set if I didn't remember wrongly. The promotion could be still on currently.

I didn't go for the promotion lunch set. The unagi with pork belly simmered for 8 hours got my attention. And boy, it was good. Dipped a little of the mustard, the pork belly simply melted away. How I wished I had more than just two thin slices. It was thankful that the rice was good. The fat and satisfying short grain rice. I would feel quite cheated if the rice served was not a least bit like short-grain rice. The unagi was good too. In fact, I felt it was worth the money. I would definitely be back.



Tokkuri Japanese Restaurant
Icon Village
#01-35/40

Lunch : 11.30pm-2.30pm

Dinner: 5.30pm-9.30pm

Closed on sun


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment