Monday, January 25, 2010

345. Banana Leaf Apolo Restaurant


Rice Crackers

Chicken Masala

Quite spicy but if chicken masala is not spicy, where is the shiokness? Some of the chicken were in big chunks and some were merely bite size. The inconsistency in size resulted in us leaving the big chunk of chicken breast untouched.


The curry went well with the rice.

Mutton Mysore
Didn't manage to taste it.

Tandoori Chicken
Tender but could not really taste the marinated spices. The taste of char was stronger though.

Spinach with cottage cheese
It has got an acquired taste which didn't make me go for a second spoon. The colour played a part too. But fellow makan kakis loved it.

Free flow of cabbage and eggplants. The eggplants were cut in a quarter size. I didn't like popping the whole quarter egg plant in so I had it cut into smaller size. To my dismay, I found a big fat worm in it. Gross. I knew it was common for worms to 'reside' in eggplants. If you don't know, hope my experience here stays with you. I didn't want to complain but fellow kakis insisted and I thought it could be an alert for them to be more careful for the next wok of eggplants.


And I got the traditional dessert - gulab jamun as the compensation. Understood from my Indian makan kaki that it was made of milk powder and was immersed in sugar syrup. Very sinful.

Banana Leaf Apolo Restaurant
56/58 Race Course Road

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment