Saturday, January 30, 2010

346. Duo Le Restaurant


Sitting on 8th level of Orchard Central, Duo Le is much higher than just 8 storeys. You can see Singtel building clearly. Since it started, I have not been there so I took some time off my hectic schedule to take a walk there last week.


I thought there will be more than just a few tables but no, there were just a few tables.


Braised peanuts and thinly sliced potatoes.


红杏鸡@$9.80
I like to eat cold dish chicken, not just from Duo Le. I think chilled chicken taste nice and the tinge of numbness from the chili gave the fair bit of shiokness. Sliced cucumber gave the refreshingness. But, the chicken was immersed in chili oil which I felt too much would not do our body good. Try it once in a while.

干贝焖冬瓜@$26.80
This was good. The combination of beans complemented the colours well. Not to leave out the taste, especially the kidney beans. The winter melon was not too soft and being blandless, the sauce made the dish tasteful.

陕西卤汁蒸面@$12.80
Have you noticed? Potatoes appeared again in the dish. I felt it has a rather different braise taste which I'm not accustomed to.
海参麻婆豆腐@$26.80
Very much covered in oil. I could felt a tinge of numbness after eating the tofu. I felt this dish was just average. The difference being we won't cook our sea cucumber with tofu in this way.


陕西手工卷饼@$4.80

It was like Taiwan's cong you bing wrapped with sliced potatoes. The exterior was bland. The overall gave a starchy taste. It would have been better if there was dipping taste but there wasn't.
We had a pot of Pu-er tea at $8 and our bill worked out to be $115.10 which I felt was rather expensive.

Duo Le
181 Orchard Rd
#08-09/10
Orchard Central

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment