Tuesday, September 9, 2008

85. Ministry of Food II

Matcha kurian @$8.80

1 scoop of matcha with azuki red beans and vanilla ice-cream, kanten jelly and small rice dumplings immersed in matcha, toppled with some fresh fruits. If you have read my previous entry on MOF, you would have known that I commented the matcha ice-cream was overpowering. Haha. The matcha flavour was too strong for me. I have always been a lover of rice dumplings (tang yuan). I love the traditional type which is cooked in red sugar water but we only get to eat it during December, winter solstice. The ones I ate at MOF, it wasn't thoroughly cooked. Plus, it wasn't springy. I guess the chef didn't make the dough pliable enough. The fruits were very sour which definitely didn't match with its sweet counterparts.

The kanten jelly. MOF provided a bookmark-style note on tips to eating it.

Quoted : "Kanten Jelly is made from the root part of plant and rich in fibre. Thus in Japan, it is believed to have slimming effect and is very healthy. ....totally unsweetened & tasteless, ......... MOF black sauce for our kanten jelly series is made from black prunes & black dates....."

The kanten jelly is like our agar-agar without sugar. It added texture to the dessert though.

Mango sundae @$8.80

1 scoop of mango and vanilla ice-cream, cornflakes, mango fruits and waffle. The mango ice-cream was good. it wasn't very sweet. I have a sweet tooth but I am pretty health-conscious.
The desserts were served in those tall glasses which I think made it hard for diners to eat. Also, it was made worse with spatula-like spoons. When the ice-cream melted to liquid, the spatula could hardly be used. There weren't many people at MOF despite it was during dinner time.

Ministry of Food
Japanese Sweets & Coffee
Lot 1 Mall #03-15A
Tel: 67664200

No comments:

Post a Comment