Thursday, September 11, 2008

89. Galbiati Gourmet Deli


Creme Brulee @$6

A take-away for desserts will be cheaper. Not for the creme brulee, dine-in or take-away is at same cost. The creme brulee is a must-try! The creme brulee was made in a small glass (see above). Even for take-aways, they sell it with the glass. A layer of sugar was sprinkled on the creme brulee and caramelized. Evidence of sugar crystals seen on the edge of the glass. I didn't really like the layer of caramelized sugar. The caramelized sugar was a bit burnt which resulted in the bitter taste. I felt maybe a thin layer of caramel syrup or caramel jelly would have been been better. The creme was not very sweet and I like it a lot.


Tiramisu @$5


Dine-in for tiramisu will cost $6. Whenever tiramisu is listed on the menu, it shall be on my order list. I like the mascarpone cheese and cocoa powder they used. A very generous amount of cocoa powder sprinkled on the top. The cocoa powder was pretty different. It was sweet. Usually the tiramisu I had had cocoa powder which was more of bitter than sweet. The density of the mascarpone cheese was just nice, not too soggy. However, I felt the lady fingers weren't soaked enough. As you can see from the picture, the lady fingers were dry on the inside. I know that lady fingers should not be entirely soaked inside out because they are like sponge. Too long, the excess coffee or rum will drain out to the cheese and make the tiramisu liquid instead of the mousse-like texture. Other than this, the tiramisu was quite good. I felt it was better than Grand Hyatt's Mezza9. It was a cheaper choice compared to Da Paolo's but do go for Da Paolo's if you want a better quality one.

The chef aka boss, Mr. Roberto Galbiati is a friendly guy. Despite his status, he helped out at the counter as well. I will definitely be back for their pasta.

Galbiati Gourmet Deli (Dine-in & Takeaway)
The Rail Mall
400 Upper Bukit Timah Road
Singapore 678050
Tel: 64620926

Galbiati Gourmet (Takeaway & delivery)
29 Eng Kong Terrace
Singapore 599002
Tel: 64655337

Opens: 11am - 945pm
Closed on Mondays

http://www.galbiatigourmet.com/

1 comment:

  1. my friend rave about this place, its so near my house but i haven go yet! gosh

    ReplyDelete