Monday, October 6, 2008

121. Galbiati Gourmet III



I was at Galbiati Gourmet for lunch. Surprisingly there wasn't a single diner when it was already 12pm. Galbiati Gourmet is open from 10am. I like the food display they've got. Unsure of the taste of the chilled food they have in there but they do look scrumptious. Their desserts display is always full of cakes and desserts and I swear they taste better than they look.

Black tagliatelle with crabmeat and cream @$18
I finally laid my hands on the tagliatelle. I have been wanting to try out this so much raved pasta. It is definitely a Must-try! The pasta was cooked in a velvety tomato cream sauce with chunks of crabmeat and tomatoes.
Tagliatelle is a type of egg noodles, considered the family of fettucine, the former having long, flat strips and the later, narrow and flat strips. Don't ever think that blackish pasta is yucky. It was none of the least bit yucky. The blackish colour was attributed by squid ink. The tagliatelle was tangy. The pasta didn't have a weird taste but the squid ink added a nice taste to it.

I was surprised to find the garlic in cloves instead of finely minced which was the more usual cut for cooking pasta. The garlic didn't have the galicky taste. It was quite mild. I think they did something to the garlic. It was nice because it added texture to the pasta as a garlic whole.

Panna Cotta @$6

Panna Cotta is a traditional Italian dessert. The panna cotta costs $7 for dine-in, so I have it as takeaway, less $1. The egg custard was light and rich in milk, toppled with a generous amount of blueberry and raspberry jam-like syrup. I find the amount of topping too excessive as such it made the panna cotta a tad too sweet.

Galbiati Gourmet Deli
400 Upper Bukit Timah Road
Tel: 64620926

Opens: 10am - 10pm

4 comments:

  1. they have a take-out counter at Paragon right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cavalock- Not too sure if they have opened a take-out counter at Paragon. I only know they have 2 outlets, 1 at Rail Mall(the one I went) and the other at Eng Kong Terrace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the Tagliatelle looks real good!It's been quite long since I visited - I'll def be gg down soon :D Anw you live near bukit timah? Lots of food posts arnd the area :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi M,hmm...yeah...I live near Bt Timah. Haha. Lotsa nice food around here. If you need any makan kaki, I can join u. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete