Friday, November 14, 2008

171. Frutta La Viva















Food Safari Fair was held in conjunction with the Home Electrics Fair at Suntec City Convention Hall from today 14 Nov 2008 -16 Nov 2008. Though not as many booths as the food fair held over at expo hall concurrently, there were still quite a number of food stalls on exhibition but maybe having too many to choose from, I wasn't so keen on trying them out. Also, it was near dinner time, I chose to leave my stomach for a proper meal.

Side-tracked a bit. I was attracted to the pink checkered sarong-alike cloth draped over the African exhibitors' shoulders. They were selling African accessories at one booth and the other, they were selling the African chapati. Pretty much similar to the Turkish kebab. A wrap up with fillings.

2 weeks ago, I was planning to pay Frutta La Viva a visit since it is located pretty near my place but didn't in the end due to some work. I saw their booth on exhibition and decided to get a scoop.

Frutta La Viva - The ultimate gelato made fresh for you everyday. This was as advertised on their flyer.
Bacio @$3.20 per scoop

From the friendly uncle's recommendation (I supposed the boss), I got to know that the Bacio and the durian flavour are the best sellers. He mentioned it was made with D24 durian. I wasn't too keen on durian so I chose the chocolate.
And indeed it was delicious. It had chocolate chips and a variety of nuts in it. Not sure how many types of nuts there are. But it gave the gelato a very nutty and crunchy texture. It was like the nuts were just roasted. It wasn't very chocolaty. So, I felt the combination was great! At least to me, I felt their tagline did prove them right. Their gelato (bacio flavour, which I had) was fresh.

Sun Court
#01-01
21 Lorong Kilat
Tel: 6463 8986

Opens:
10am - 10 pm daily

No comments:

Post a Comment