Friday, November 14, 2008

172. Bachmann Japanese Restaurant

Firstly, let me apologize for the poorly taken pictures. I had to use flash else my pictures would looked too yellowish to look appealing and convincing enough to match my comments. Also, my digicam isn't in a very good condition. I felt it is reaching its lifetime soon. Woops.

Bachmann is a part of Ajisen. Outside the restaurant, their signboard was Aji-Ten Japanese Cuisine and Desserts. So, Aji-Ten, Bachmann or Ajisen...all of them are under the same umbrella.


I was ushered to this table for 2 which I felt the walkway was a bit too narrow. The waitresses had to take turns to walk through.














Mentai Tofu @$4.80 - The mentai tofu was good but I felt the choice of their tofu could have been better. The tofu wasn't those very velvety smooth type. The taste was great though. I loved mentai.

Salmon salad @$6.80 - The salmon salad had a tinge of sourness and sweetness which was very appetizing. The dressing they have used for the salad was delicious. However, I felt it was a tad too expensive because there were only 4 pathetic slices of salmon.

Hokke Fish Set @$15.80 (usual $16.80)

Food of Hokkaido. At promotional price till 30 Nov 2008. The hokke fish was finely grilled. It was very fresh and amari (sweet). I liked the cold tofu in sesame sauce. The sesame sauce had a tinge of sourness which made the cold tofu a palatable side dish. The miso soup was cooked just the right taste. Not too salty. The short grain rice was good too. I felt this was a worthwhile set to have.




Chicken katsu Toji @$12.80

The chicken katsu was very crispy fried. It was delicious. However, the egg and onions at the base were too wet. It made the dish watery and thus minus a few marks for the dish.








Total bill was $46.57 for 2 with a 10% discount with UOB card.

Bachmann Japanese Restaurant
Bugis Junction
#01-88/89
80 Middle Road
Tel: 6333 9880

No comments:

Post a Comment