Sunday, February 1, 2009

223. Oh Carol! Cafe Bistro


Set at a corner of the Centros building of Biopolis, the ground floor restaurant faces an open stretch of greenery which offers diners a meal with a view. A quiet café-cum-bistro, Oh Carol! offers dine-in patrons with a selection of western and Asian fare. A couple of us were attracted to the pasta that other diners were having when we walked past at lunch hours. I apologized for the poor resolution of my camera phone. I had only realised that I could press a key to adjust the focus. Hope that I could take better pictures with my camera phone the next time when I didn't have my compact digicam or DSLR with me.

Seafood Marinara @$14.90
I didn't want a creamy base pasta though I thought it looked very appetizing. The thought of feeling nauseous put the idea off. I needed concentration at work. I repeat, I'm a pasta person, if you have not been reading my entries. Naturally, I will go for pasta over other mains if I were to choose. It was pretty relaxing to have lunch over at Biopolis. It was windy, quiet and definitely the al-fresco environment which doesn't make my clothes stink of greasy smoke is another plus.
I felt the penne was not thoroughly cooked. Still hard. Seafood should have been fresh but I doubt they have gone to the expense to get fresh ingredients. Most were frozen goods. So, the overall taste wasn't good. Pretty much a letdown for this dish of pasta. With the addition of GST, I personally felt the pasta wasn't a very worthwhile dish.
20 Biopolis Way
#01-02 CENTROS BLOCK
Singapore 138668
Tel: 64789945

1 comment:

  1. it's a pity that their pasta isnt great, i thought they have good location :)

    ReplyDelete