Saturday, February 7, 2009

224. Secret Recipe



Tea-time special. A cuppa tea and a piece of cake for $5.90. It was a great deal. Sad to say, you are only entitled to this deal only if you are available for tea, 3-5pm. This is quite impossible for the working class, unless you have the authority to leave your working grounds. I chose the chocolate banana cake, the recommended cake on the menu. Secret Recipe is known for this cake. Apparently, the ones which are recommended may not turn out to be the best. I felt the chocolate sponge was a tad dry, the bananas were slit into halves and I thought it was of the right size. The texture was there. Any smaller would have give a different texture and I felt, not for the better. My friend thought otherwise. She felt it should have been cut smaller. The distribution of cream was of the right amount. I got a cuppa of hot peppermint tea to cleanse my palate.

Secret Recipe
Holland Grove 42
Holland Grove Road
Singapore 278810
Tel: 68751233

No comments:

Post a Comment