Saturday, March 28, 2009

240. Ajisen Ramen Restaurant

White Fish
The white fish was an ala-carte dish that comes with the set meal consisting of a ramen and a drink. I didn't take a picture of the ramen. The Ajisen in Singapore has never wowed me. I felt the ramen is not quite there. I'm not sure if I'm too picky, I find the ramen a tad hard. It was not springy but rather I had the feel that it was not cooked thoroughly.
Well, at least the side dishes were not too bad. Just that I find the varieties were quite limited. On the menu, many were not available.
Corn Salad @$5.80
2 crab sticks, corn, sliced cucumber and a spoonful of roe. Nothing much special but it was fulfilling enough for a snack.
Cold Tofu @$3.80
I loved the cold tofu! The sauce had a mild seducing tinge of sourness (I suppose they used vinegar), together with the fragrant of the sesame oil, miso paste and the sesame seeds, the cold tofu became a light side dish which I think is very suitable for the ladies on diet.

Frankly speaking, eating at the local Ajisen made me recall the Ajisen in Shanghai. The food at Ajisen in Shanghai is cheap. Same portion, more varieties and yet at a cheaper price! And they served pickled cucumbers. If you happened to go Shanghai, do check out the Ajisen there!

No comments:

Post a Comment