Monday, April 13, 2009

241. Sydney - Delafrance Provincial Bakery


Foodies Queen went for a 2 weeks hiatus at Sydney. Entering into the winter season, the time difference from Singapore was shortened to a 2 hours instead of 3. I stayed at George street and every morning, I see this delafrance bakery crowded with morning breakfast goers. It was also the most obvious place that one could have breakfast as the nearby food outlets were not opened. It looked like our delifrance though.

Chicken sandwich @AUD7.70
They called the bread triangle because it was shaped like a triangle. AUD7.70 for a chicken sandwich was not too bad given the size of it could have last the lady to go without food till dinner.
Add AUD2 for a cuppa regular coffee - cappuccino/ long short / latte

Big Baked Breakfast @AUD12.95

I had this. Well, I wouldn't say that it tasted exceptionally nice but at least it was not bread. Bread seemed to be a regular patron on the menu since I embarked on my journey. The sausages were pretty salty. Sauteed tomatoes were nice. Bacon a tad too fat and greasy for breakfast. I wouldn't have liked swiss brown mushrooms for breakfast, they worked better in spaghetti. Overall, it was a satisfying breakfast but I still prefer my fried bee hoon, carrot cake .......
Live like the Australians do.....

Delafrance Provincial Bakery
605-609 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000 Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment