Tuesday, April 14, 2009

242. Sydney - The Cupcake Bakery




On my way to The Rocks, I passed by this cupcake bakery a few times and each time I was attracted to the dainty cupcakes on display. And you see, they claimed they have the best cupcakes in Sydney. No bluff har? Gotta try out myself. Actually, for the two weeks I was in Sydney, there were many cafes around but I have not seen a bakery that just sells cupcakes.

Lemon & Poppyseed @AUD3.50

I got this over the many other choices which were very enticing. However, given the thought that dinner was to be served soon, there was no room for more cupcakes. I have always thought lemon cupcake was a fairer choice over chocolate ones. The chocolate ones always taste good. The lemon ingredient balanced out the grease in the butter cake. The icing was smooth. Cupcake was of the appropriate moisture and not greasy. It makes a great afternoon snack, just that I felt it was a tad 'atas' (pricey) for a small cupcake to cost AUD3.50. The cupcake bakery serves coffee and a cupcake for AUD5.

Shop2-4, QVB, Sydney
320b George Street, Sydney
438 Oxford Street, Paddington

2 comments:

  1. wow, this looks great! a pity its in Australia =( thanks for the posting, its an eye feast just looking at the pretty cupcakes =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yyn, ya...well at least you know there's this cupcake bakery and you can have it when you visit Australia. :)

    ReplyDelete